Saturday, January 7, 2012

Free Children's Books Online

I came across a website on Pinterest where you can read free children's books online, both fiction and nonfiction picture books.  This is a great resource worth sharing with you, but it gets better.  First of all, by reading books on line you'll be doing good works, because for every book you read, they donate a book to a special reading program.  Better yet, I'll be able to read these on my Kindle to my grandkids.  And better yet, when I was checking out the site, I saw the picture book that has been written about our February book selection, The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind.  This boy's dream came about because of books that he had read.  One of the reading programs that you can contribute to is Harnessing the Power of Reading.  And best of all, FREE.  Here's the link:

http://www.wegivebooks.org/campaigns/harnessing-the-power-of-reading

No comments:

Post a Comment